Saturday, January 16, 2010

Work

Hey Sarah… I’m on the leash. I know, I know. You can’t believe it. Maybe you do? The last time we talked is still vivid in my mind. All night. We had fun. I still reflect on things we said that night. Deep communication. Maybe we pulled the energy of that conversation from the stars. I don’t know how one night can touch so many years of one’s life. It’s the last time I saw you. Maybe we knew we were saying goodbye. That has to be the case. We said goodbye to each other all night long. We didn’t know. It was the last time. Yeah… I work. I’m on the leash.


I told you getting a job meant the end of freedom. I’d always tell you to fight the enslavement. Don’t wear a leash. Don’t put on a necktie or they own you…LOL…Well, I did try to not do it. I sold flowers on the street corners in San Francisco. I did all sorts of things. I even made furniture. Then I got married and had my first child. Everything changed. Her name is Free. When I looked into her eyes I grew up. In that moment, I changed. All I wanted was for her to be happy, strong, and Free. It’s amazing how children impact our lives. By the time my second child was born (his name is Justice) I’d finished my program at college and became a Registered Nurse  Yes, I found a way to wear a tax code and still help the world. I do still find myself wishing the world was the way we dreamed it that night. All of the ideals we made real. I do feel my choice was for the best. I guess that’s the way it happens. One day you’re searching for yourself and then you’re here. I sometimes wonder what my life would be like, but I can say I’m happy. I wish you were here. I wonder what life would be like if you were here. I hope it’s not too late. I have to work a double shift tonight, 4pm-8am. I have to put my leash on. Love you Sarah. I’ll talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment