Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Evidence


From my experience reality is always stranger than fiction. And where fiction gets strange my guess is that it’s firmly based on reality. My bet is that the strangest scenes from movies, the ones that seem completely unreal are often based on true crime stories that boggle our minds. 

I've been studying forensic science, and I watch an insane amount of real crime shows. What have I learned? There’s no perfect crime and even when there are no witnesses the tale will be told. Little bits of evidence, blood stains that seep through the floor and aren't removed by scouring and bleaching the surface. Small spots of blood splatter revealed by keen eyes and technology. Bugs and natural processes exposing the timeline, when death occurred. Lungs filled with soot when killers attempt to dispose of bodies, burning them still alive.

Every little detail tells a part of the story. Hair, finger nails wearing the nail polish last seen on the missing person, paint chips, phone records, strange behavior the list is endless. I don’t remember if Sarah was wearing nail polish the last time I saw her... Even with all of this knowledge and information, Sarah’s body has never been found. Her blood, her painted toenail, no trace of anything. I guess that’s why I believe that she’s out there, somewhere. Maybe reading this right now...   

No comments:

Post a Comment