Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Missing Persons


Alerts for missing persons show up in my email once a week. It may sound weird, but it makes me feel productive to search over the news stories looking for clues, if not for Sarah for anyone who’s gone missing. Someone who’s already lost everyone with hardly anyone who cares to look for them, after they disappear themselves...

I look them over then read more from Sarah’s Diary: April 14, 1994 Jason scared me last night! He came into my room while I was sleeping and was just standing over me. I lay still, frozen with fear, because when I said his name he did not reply. He just turned around and whispered, “You shouldn't have come back.” Then he walked out of the room. I was too terrified to go back to sleep...

It was like Sarah felt she had nowhere to go after a while. How crappy to feel completely unwanted... I don’t think she would have gone so far as to... I don’t even want to think it much less type it. I still want to believe she just left; disappeared, figured something out and got far away from the insanity following her like a shadow... sometimes you could see it, sometimes you couldn’t, but it could show up at any time. That’s enough to drive anyone crazy and inspire them to run. I hope that’s what she did. I hope she didn't end up like in this drawing, or some of the people in my alerts... sometimes they are never found. I’m going to bed. Comment and tell me if you've seen any clues, every little thing helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment