Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Body


Have you ever seen a dead body? I feel like I’m not sure anymore what Sarah saw, but I know my own experiences... I’ve personally seen a crime scene after the fact. After the police came in and thought they got all the evidence, and the body was gone. The dogs were gone, the drugs were gone... There was hair on the floor in a few places, and  shoes and things, clothing - we picked out the last outfit she would wear and which pair of chuck taylor shoes, books, self-help books...

And then one of us cleaning up, she found the broken murder weapon. We couldn'tdidn't know what to believe and didn't believe and even the cops told us to “just throw it out, (they had)... everything,” thinking the murder weapon was a tool from the fireplace, it wasn't. We threw it out and within a few months it was confirmed by the killer himself. We had touched it, tossed it into the trash.

I remember the tomatoes chopped on the counter and the big knife... I remember a lot of little details. I wonder about the rookie cop who answered the missing persons call and found her. Saw her body through the sliding glass door and the dogs running around the yard. I've lost too many friends at this point. Even years later the memory is like last week.  Like yesterday...
I wish Sarah would just come home and face the truth, get some help and let us all move on in our lives. We can’t forget, but can we forgive?

No comments:

Post a Comment