Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Have You Ever...

...Felt like this?

My father and I got into an argument today about me spending so much time with Ericka or in my room. I’m sorry if I don’t fit into this perfect family, but what do they expect me to do-- sit and watch TV with them and tell them about my day? My dad said that I look like crap ever since I’ve been hanging around that girl, and that my attitude has changed. Maybe I just woke up to what bullshit this world is all about.

I've been rereading Sarah's Diary and this entry stood out. I remember feeling just like that -- I remember how my parents thought they knew everything, but they had no idea what was really going on in my life. They thought because they'd "been my age" that they understood... how could they understand what I was going through?

I knew Sarah. I was her best friend. I'm still looking for clues in her words. Have you felt like she did? Do you feel like she did? Please read her diary and tell me if you see any clues. We need to see through your eyes just like Sarah wants us to see through hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment